Our new sister is from Australia, but is Tongan by national origin. Maybe it is just me, but when I look at her I just do not expect this Australian accent.
Sister Naulu is very sweet. She is the oldest of 8 children and English (or Australian) is not her first language. She was mostly raised by her Tongan grandmother until she was 6, then learned English after that. She was very interesting to talk to on the way back to the office.
The weather has been beautiful this week. A rain shower here and there, but on the whole it has been great. I may be optimistic, but I am packing away my heavy jacket.
1. We went through a session, and,
2. The temple has done some renovations and called asking if the mission could use some furniture. They had some desks, end tables and chairs. We brought home the mission van and trailer on Thursday evening, and then left from the house the next day. We enjoyed the 9:00 session and then drove around to the other side and loaded up about 30 nice chairs, 3 tables, and 2 desks. A very good day!
Even though the weather is great and the scenery is beautiful, there is a down side also. Jerry has really been bothered by allergies this past couple of weeks. We are pretty sure it is all of the wonderful pollen flying everywhere. He has gotten a full dose of itchy eyes, alternating stuffy or running nose, and even a bit of congestion in his chest. Opposition in all things I guess.
That is about it for this week.
Shirley
Sister Naulu, Tongan, from Australia
Sister Fedmiller, Sister Naulu, Sister Young
Sister Amador with Sister Young and Sister Feldmiller
Sister Amador with Sister and Elder Noh
Stuff from Elder Noh
I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this previously, but here it is again, I LOVE SPRING. The weather has been great. Lots of sunshine, mixed with rain and nice temperatures, mostly in the 60's, hardly ever any wind. (I don't mean to make you desert people in the Mojave jealous). I LOVE SPRING. Everything is green and flowering. There is tons of color everywhere. (sniff, sniff). The only problem is my eyes are constantly watering and my nose dripping, I can't hardly breathe. I guess that no matter where you are and how nice it is, there is also the things that are not nice. We have to look for the good wherever we are.
Things are pretty busy, lots of the families that have been housing our missionaries are wanting released from this and we are having to get apartments for the missionaries. So I am busy renting apartments and finding furniture for them. I love the appreciation these missionaries show when they get a nice apartment to live in.
We had one sister leave to go back to Temple Square, Sister Amador. She was with 3 transfers. Sister Amador is from Mexico and is very sweet. She liked our mission and was sad to be going back to SLC, but she also likes temple square. We will miss her.
Next week is Zone conferences. Zone conferences are fun, we get to see everyone in the mission. This zone conference will be different. The main bridge between Bremerton and Port Angeles is closed for repair. That means the Port Angeles Zone can not get to their conference in Bremerton (North). They will have to go to the Olympia conference (South). It will be about 80 miles more travel for them. It also means the North conference will be small and the South Conference will be big. The Central conference (Tacoma) will remain the same.
I'll write more next week, be sure to tune in to get all the latest "scoop".
Jerry
Amberjoy and Papa having breakfast
\



No comments:
Post a Comment